EMSAAC has an active legislative committee that tracks EMS-related bills during each legislative session in Sacramento. EMSAAC supports bills that champion quality patient care, physician-directed medical control, and quality improvement for local EMS systems in California. We oppose proposed legislation that will erode regulatory responsibilities of local EMS agencies or reduce LEMSA oversight of local EMS systems.
Our legislative advocacy is strengthened through our collaboration with other statewide partners including:
- California Ambulance Association (CAA)
- California Conference of Local Health Officers (CCLHO)
- County Health Executives Association of California (CHEAC)
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
- California Chapter - American College of Emergency Physicians (Cal-ACEP)
- Emergency Medical Directors' Association of California (EMDAC)